Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Cryptic Poems found by Googling "Cryptic Poems," Part III


The man with the burning mustache
Is busy faxing my fingernails.
Through Monday's telescope
There is no sign of Tuesday's breakfast.
The kitset monk
Exacerbates the anger of the penguin.

I am a vulnerable vertical
On an immensity of envelopes.
The armchair assassin
Knows my weakness
And plots.

The tourists in my nose descend,
Assailant voices
Reminding me of my choice:
I have mainlined mortality.
Nothing is certain
Therefore all things are possible.
In a wobbly universe
The tilting horizons of mayonnaise
Promise no insurance.

A comet shoves through,
Hot, purple, flaring,
Dispersing the forgetfulness of ravens.
The aftermath of friction
Revealing the locusts in my mind.

It is ten o'clock.
The chocolate is condensing.
Flaring sugars. Crystalized fish.
My eyebrows have invaded my brain.
I look through the window.
The octopus is rising.
The stone has split to fracture up tomatoes.

Beyond the event horizon
The yellow rain falls,
Illuminating
Vibrating plastics,
Soaking
The cells of a dead dog's ears.
My elbows slowly get warmer
And the knitting needle purrs.


This poem HALLUCINATIONS was first published together with the accompanying notes when posted online by Hugh Cook on 2005 May 7 Saturday. Poem and accompanying notes Copyright © 2005 Hugh Cook.

No comments: