Friday, October 2, 2009

Peaks & Valleys

I used to have this quote from Neil Young on my wall when I was a teenager:

"How can you win if you never lose? How can you be renewed if you don't grow old? There have to be peaks and valleys, or it's boring."

I might be paraphrasing after all these years.

My parents have always said I had no end of material for a stand-up comedy show one day. I think the stories that make up my life are more than just funny stuff.

I'm hoping I might actually stick with this for once. We'll see.

My hope is that this can be a place to collect my stories, at least the good ones I can remember. Like the quote, I might be paraphrasing after all these years, adding a little something extra to the peaks and the valleys.

It certainly hasn't been boring to this point, though.

No comments: